China is experiencing increasing demand for environmentally friendly products and solutions. For the third time, Innovation Norway invites Norwegian companies to an export program to explore the unique opportunities in this market through the Global Growth China Green-Tech R&D Commercialisation 2021 programme.
Collaboration with Jiangsu
Jiangsu is China’s second largest province in terms of economic size. With high expertise in research, education and industrial production, Jiangsu has good partners to explore both the Chinese and international markets.
Innovation Norway has entered into a cooperation agreement with Jiangsu Province’s Department of Science and Technology. Based on this collaboration agreement, the project’s aim is to position Norwegian companies towards Chinese partners in connection with adaptation or piloting of Norwegian environmentally friendly technology and solutions for the local market. The long-term goal is for the partnerships to help Norwegian companies succeed in the Chinese market faster and with less risk.
Who is the program suitable for?
- You have a new, innovative or upgraded environmentally friendly technology / product, within Green-Tech that is close to commercialization.
- Green-Tech in this context includes (but is not limited to) clean or renewable energy, energy-saving technology, emission control, water and waste management, air quality, environmental monitoring, e-mobility, smart building, green production and environmentally friendly technologies in maritime, marine and oil and gas.
- You have ambitions and can mobilize and allocate the necessary resources to pursue opportunities in China.
What can you expect?
We help you prepare a strategy and action plan to establish yourself in the market. You will have a dedicated advisor throughout the project, and this will give you:
- Knowledge and assessment of the market potential of each participant’s technology or product in China.
- Knowledge of China and Jiangsu’s economic status, corporate culture and market experience
- Consulting services from Innovation Norway’s experienced Norwegian and Chinese advisers.
- Assistance in seeking a Chinese R & D partner in Jiangsu
- Identification of possible financing opportunities for the relevant projects.
The project contains
Digital kick-off, June 2021
Digital gatherings in the period August – November 2021, which include:
- Preparing to do business in China.
- Information and guidance related to Norway-China (Jiangsu) R & D co-financing program.
- Information and guidance on other relevant support schemes, e.g. The Environmental Technology Scheme and support for preliminary projects.
- Pitch training
- Networking and sharing experiences with other participating companies
Furthermore, up to 10 hours of individual counselling and follow-up from Innovation Norway’s local advisers in China are included.
B2B meetings with relevant companies and potential partners.
Opportunity for market visit (TBD), in November 2021.
Participation fee per company is NOK 15,000 for SMB and NOK 30,000 for large companies.
Direct costs for any travel and accommodation are covered by the companies.
Deadline for registration is 15 May.
Welcome to a two-day international conference aimed at showcasing smart city initiatives from both China and the Nordic countries.
Join us as politicians, public officials and corporate representatives from both sides come together to deliberate over similarities and differences in the regions’ smart city models and initiate talks about further collaboration.
Save the date: 26-27 May, 2021. The physical conference takes place in China with live stream for attendees in the Nordics.