Nordic Edge is a non-profit organisation owned by private companies working in close cooperation with municipalities and city administrations to promote solutions for smarter cities and communities. Based in Western Norway, but with a Nordic focus, Nordic Edge aims to be one of Europe’s most important arenas for knowledge exchange and inspiration to creators of smarter businesses, cities and societies. Established in 2015, Nordic Edge:
- has the ecosystem to take an idea from concept to the international market
- hosts the largest Smart City event in Northern Europe
- facilitates business development through Norway’s official innovation cluster on smarter cities and communities
- work for secure, smart and sustainable transport infrastructure, through the VIA cluster.
- organises Smart City events on other continents
The quest for a Smarter City is all about making better communities to live in – more liveable urban spaces where citizen interests and well-being come first.