Terran is looking for a full-time Senior Electrical Engineer on behalf of one of our clients, Ventum Dynamics Group (VDG).
Application deadline: 24.10.2022
Ventum Dynamics Group is a Stavanger-based technological start-up focused on wind technologies for the built environment. VDG has an engineering team dedicated to the research and development of small and medium-scale urban wind turbines and is committed to ensuring a just transition to a more circular and low-carbon global economy. The VDG team works diligently while having fun, being creative, and thinking outside the box to develop the finest solutions possible. No day is the same, and at times it moves at a breakneck pace with numerous projects occurring simultaneously.
Ventum Dynamics Group is preparing to scale up operations and is currently preparing for mass production of the Ventum turbines. Ventum Dynamics is therefore looking for an in-house electrical engineer who can head the electrical team and help design the electrical systems for the turbines and quality check products in small to large production series.
- Full-time permanent position with Ventum Dynamics
- Working with the combination of charge controllers, battery systems, – – DC-AC inverters, and generators
- Planning out electrical systems for small-scale wind turbines
- Procurement of electrical components
- Series production planning
- In charge of sensors, planning, and implementation
- Specification for electrical equipment from sub-suppliers
- Quality check and approval of the finished product
- Design and build low voltage systems for small-scale wind energy tech
- Implement electrical system on the pilot turbine, off-grid, and on-grid
What we can offer
- Ventum Dynamics Group provides an exciting work environment in which each team member has a significant impact on the product’s technology development and success.
- An opportunity to expand your network on a national and international level.
- Significant opportunity to influence the final result through your ideas and creative thinking.
- This is an excellent chance for professional and personal growth in a novel and expansive competency setting.
- Competitive salary
- ≥ 5 years work experience
- Experience with small and medium scale grid connected and off-grid systems for renewable energy
- Good collaboration skills
- Experience and knowledge with electrical system and grid connection, interface of grid systems and energy production
- Experience with design of grid energy system
- Able to handle a fast-moving work environment
- Open minded, creative, and innovative
- Value driven with passion for the environment
- Sustainability mindset and values
- Fluent in English, both oral & written
About the position