Terran is looking for a full-time Embedded Engineer on behalf of one of our client, Ventum Dynamics Group (VDG).
About the company
Ventum Dynamics Team is a Stavanger-based technological start-up focused on wind technologies for the built environment. VDG has an engineering team dedicated to the research and development of small and medium-scale urban wind turbines and is committed to ensuring a just transition to a more circular and low-carbon global economy. The VDG team works diligently while having fun, being creative, and thinking outside the box to develop the finest solutions possible. No day is the same, and at times it moves at a breakneck pace with numerous projects occurring simultaneously.
About the role
Terran is looking for a full-time Embedded Engineer on behalf of one of our client, Ventum Dynamics Group (VDG). VDG is preparing to scale operations and is currently preparing mass production of its first technology and starting the work for the next version of the Ventum turbine. For this, we are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Embedded Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electronics engineering, with experience in embedded systems design, PCB design, and software development. You will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of company’s electronics systems and related products.
- Designing the overall architecture of the embedded system, including selecting appropriate hardware components and defining the software structure.
- Writing code in languages such as C, C++, or any other assembly language to control the behaviour of microcontrollers or microprocessors.
- Design and develop embedded systems, including but not limited to DSP, FPGA, and microprocessors.
- Design and layout PCBs and Integration of various hardware peripherals such as displays, touchscreens, cameras, wireless modules, and memory devices into the embedded system.
- Conduct board-level assembly and testing, including environmental testing.
- Design and write embedded software code. Test software for scalability and structure.Fix bugs and optimize systems.
- Maintain software programs and creating technical documentation, including design specifications, user manuals, and application notes.
- Implementing communication protocols such as Ethernet, RS485, Modbus, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi for data exchange between embedded systems and external devices and remote database.
- Must be able to design simulations using MATLAB simulink and PCB designing tools such as Altium Designer or Eagle PCB
- Conducting thorough testing and validation of both hardware and software components to ensure proper functionality, reliability, and performance.
- Bachelor’s or Master´s degree in Electronics Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in Electronics engineering, with a focus on embedded systems design.
- Experience with PCB design and software development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good programming skills on C/C++ and python will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of power electronics is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
Benefits of working at VDG
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology
- Chance to make a real impact on the company and the products to be developed
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow with the company
Send your CV and cover letter to Yuvalakshmi Thiruthiyappan, email@example.com, phone number 96671332.