We are pleased to invite you to attend the workshop on Circular Economy, December 8th, 2021. The workshop is organized by the Research Network for Smart Sustainable Cities at the University of Stavanger, in collaboration with Stavanger Chamber of Commerce, Nordic Edge, and Grønn By. The workshop consists of two parts and you must register for each part individually via the links below. There is a limited capacity of 25 participants for the morning session and 70 participants for the afternoon session.
Part I: Academic discussion of ‘circular economy’ as a scientific concept.
Time: 09:30 – 11:30
Place: EOJ-376 & 377, campus Ullandhaug, UiS
Keynote speaker: Thomas Berker, Professor in Science and Technology Studies, NTNU
Thomas Berker presents about “Circular economy discourses, visions, policies, and practices”. A Q&A session will be held after the presentation.
Part II: Open panel debate on “Challenges of creating circular businesses: trade-off between profitability and circularity.”
Time: 13:00 – 15:00
Place: Stavanger Chamber of Commerce, Rosenkildehuset, conference room 4th floor
The panel debate will consist of both academic and non-academic participants, discussing how to make circular businesses profitable; what are the challenges and possible trade-offs.
Panel lead: Veronika Budovska, PhD Fellow in Sustainable Change, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Media and Social Sciences, UiS
- Fabian Rocha Aponte, Research Scientist in Sustainable Energy Technology at Sintef
- Sindre Lorentzen, Associate Professor, Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Safety, Economics and Planning, UiS
- Thomas Laudal, Associate Professor, Business School, UiS
- Maria Korkou, PhD Fellow in City and Regional planning, Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Safety, Economics and Planning, UiS
- Jack Davies, Director of the regenerative company ‘Beoi’
- Harald Brynlund-Lima, Areal/ Society Leader at the consultancy company ‘Stafr’
- Sverre Heskestad, CEO, and John Magne Fenne, Project Leader, at consulting engineering company – ‘Prosjektil AS’
- Natalia Ålgård, Financial Adviser at ‘Innovasjon Norge Rogaland’