Welcome to the very first event in Innoasis Science Forum hosted by UiS Network for Smart Cities and Nordic Edge Innoasis.
Knowledge, Science and Data are crucial when it comes to making the best possible solutions for our cities. Therefore, we bridge science and practice. Innoasis Science Forum will host a series of activities aimed at creating dialogue between academia, the private sector, municipalities and citizens.
Since the smart city emerged as an approach to urban development in the 1990s, it has become highly popular throughout the world. This first science talk will explore the concept of smart cities and take issue with the idea that smart city development is driven by techno-optimistic ideas and policies. Drawing on field work from three EU Lighthouse projects – Stavanger, Nottingham and Stockholm – we examine how smart city initiatives have affected urban energy sustainability. The talk will be given to you by PhD-student Marikken Wullf Wathne and Professor Håvard Haarstad.
- 13:30-13:45: Welcome and introduction to Innoasis Science Forum
- 13:45-14:00: Bloxhub Science Forum – connecting theory and practice, Pernille Berg, Science Manager
- 14:00-14:30: The smart city as sustainability strategy, Håvard Haarstad & Marikken Wullf Wathne
- 14:30-14:50: Comments and questions from two commentators
- 14:50-15:00: General comments and questions.
This first session is digital.
The Nordic Edge Innoasis Science Forum is a collaboration between the University of Stavanger and Nordic Edge Innoasis. We will host events with invited speakers from near and far every month.
The programme will be published continuously.