Monday 20 September – 12:00 – 14:00 CET
Gaming is a pop culture that has emerged over the past 20 years and become bigger than both music and the film industry.
How do we relate to it as academia, business and sport?
This conference deals with gaming and esports from different perspectives. ESports is a fast-growing ecosystem – what opportunities does eSports bring? We have gathered a number of players from academia, business and sports. The goal is to create a better understanding and knowledge of this cultural phenomenon that young people have addressed!
Nordic eSport Conference Programme
Presented by Brita Strand Ragnes, Associate Professor and Vice Dean of Education, University of Stavanger
- eSport from a school’s perspective
Presented by Eirik Jåtten, Principal of Vardheia School
- eSport from a gamer’s perspective
Presented by John Arne Gaard Nilsen, Teacher and Gaming Pedagogue
- eSport from a sports perspective
Presented by André Baumann, Project leader, Bredde E-sport-alliansen
- On boarding – How should schools begin with game pedagogy and eSports
Presented by Morten Frankrig, Project Manager, Training at Altibox AS
- The new everyday life with a digital arena
Presented by Simon Sakkestad, Chairman of Master Blaster
- eSport from a municipality perspective
Presented by Stavanger Municipality
- eSport from a regional perspective
Presented by Erling Rostvåg, CEO of Good Game AS
- Introduction to panel discussion, led by Brita Strand Ragnes
- Panel discussion